We are pleased to announce a special Yuk Yuks Comedy Night in partnership of a novel program for treatment of PTSD in Military and First Responders.
April 14, 2016 Mood Disorders Society of Canada is once again proud to be a marketing partner for the Conference Board of Canada's Better Workplace Confernce
Feb 16, 2016: MDSC and MHCC present a joint National Suicide Prevention and PTSD Treatment Plan. Details of Pre-Budget Submission
Feb 16, 2016:Mental Health Opportunity for Canada, Canada selected to host “APEC Digital Hub for Best and Innovative Practices in Mental Health Partnerships” Details of Pre-Budget Submission
Feb 9, 2016: The Canadian Medical Association (CMA) recently launched a new letter writing campaign on; www.Demandaplan.ca. During the last election, campaign supporters sent more than 40,000 letters to candidates across the country. Thank you partners for your support! The more we unite and voice concern, the likelier political leaders are to take action.
Feb 3, 2016: The Canadian Alliance on Mental Illness and Mental Health (CAMIMH) is pleased to announce that the group’s 2015 advocacy campaign has been recognized among the best in the world by New York based PR News Magazine. Details
Feb 1, 2016: MDSC is very proud to announce that the Students’ Association of Keyano College @KeyanoSA, Facebook has partnered with MDSC on our internationally recognized Elephant in the Room Anti-Stigma Campaign: Details
Jan 22, 2016: Bell Let’s Talk Community Fund is now receiving applications.
Bell today announced the launch of the $1-million annual Bell Let’s Talk Community Fund for 2016. Applications are now being accepted for grants for community-based mental health initiatives improving access to care around the country. More Info
Dave Gallson is the Associate National Executive Director of Mood Disorders Society of Canada. He also:
- Is a Certified Association Executive;
- In 2002 founded a highly successful seven week skills development program for persons with mental health issues/ disabilities. This initiative, originally started with dedicated participant volunteers who worked tirelessly to raise funds for the project, resulted in significant achievements for the persons enrolled in the program. The program was guided by and responsible to the participants;
- In 2003 moved the program, now highly successful, to a national mental health organization. The program was then renamed BUILT Network and Dave continued his leadership of it leading to significant project expansion for the next seven years. By that time, the BUILT Network assisted over 1,000 Canadians dealing with mental illnesses to return to work or school after successfully completing the program;
- Has a strong interest and knowledge base in consumer/patient advocacy and has close working relationships at the Federal level with Health Canada, HRSDC, Office for Disabilities Issues, CSC, Public Safety and other Federal departments;
- Has led the development of the Mental Health Commission of Canada website, where his design consultation and leadership of the initial programming team assured the success of the project; and
- Dave is well known in the mental health community, having developed a wide government and stakeholder network through his reputation of leadership through caring. Dave is engaged nationally on many committees and panels where he speaks from both a professional and personal experience. Some of his involvement includes:
- Completed a four year term as Co-Chair of the Canadian Alliance on Mental Illness and Mental Health;
- Core Planning Committee, International Initiative for Mental Health Leadership, Vancouver 2015
- National Advisory Committee, Clara’s Big Ride
- Steering Committee Member, Canadian Working Group on HIV and Rehabilitation
- Past Committee Member, Episodic Disabilities Network
- Past EDN Policy Working Group Member
- Past Chair, Canadian Coalition of Alternative Mental Health Resources
- Past Director, Communications Committee, CCAMHR
- Past Member, Knowledge Exchange Initial Steering Committee; Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Past Member, Canadian Psychological Association Task Force on Evidence-Based Psychological Treatments
- Past Member, Consumer Peer Research Network Project Committee, Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Past Director, Local Training and Adjustment Board, Nipissing, Muskoka and Parry Sound
- Past Ex-Officio, BUILT Network, Provincial Board of Directors
Dave is married to his wife Lucy and they enjoy their children and grandchildren.
Read May 2015 E-News